Sunday 9 March 2014

Flight Essentials



Cliché window photo

Final call for passengers boarding AirbusRebelle… 
Travelling is one of our favourite pastimes, particularly when it involves flying interstate or overseas. Recently we took a trip to Sydney for the very first time. Whilst away from the realms of our everyday lives, we came up with heaps of ideas for travel inspired blog posts. This post will mark the beginning of our mini travel series. Here is a list of our top flight essentials…


Rebecca:

Magazines

I love magazines. It’s that simple. So, whenever I travel (specifically on aeroplanes) I use it as an excuse to purchase all my favourite glossy titles or experiment with new ones. I think magazines are a perfect way of passing the time whilst on a flight. This is because they have just enough writing to be informative but the vast amount of pictures keep you engaged and make it easy to browse through. For me, spending time on a plane simply sitting down to read a magazine is the best. I can be inspired by the fashion images, discover the latest catwalk trends and stay up to date with pop culture – #winning.

Mobile Phone

Even with my mobile phone switched on to flight mode it is still without a doubt an essential to help make the time fly (pun intended). Plus without it I couldn’t snap those cliché, window seat photos (just like the one above) or listen to my favourite tunes. On my most recent flight my aeroplane playlists involved a lot of Selena Gomez, 5SOS and a bit of Katy Perry. I think pop music is the only way to beat post-holiday blues on the plane home.


Ellie:

Socks

Amongst my magazines, camera, headphones and various other bits and bobs in my hand luggage, I always like to pack a pair of comfy socks. Aeroplanes tend not to be the most comfortable of surroundings (especially on those long-haul flights!), so I find one of the best ways to reduce discomfort is by kicking off the shoes and slipping into some super snug socks. One of my favourite pairs is these lace-trimmed, pastel pink socks from TopShop. Super cute and comfy!

Notebook and pen

I don’t know about you, but I think that plane trips provide great opportunities for some creative thoughts and ideas. Maybe it’s the combination of the serene, instagram-worthy backdrop and the significant amount of time on your hands whilst travelling to your destination which gets the creative juices flowing. As a result, I like to keep a small notebook and pen in my cabin baggage to jot down all these thoughts. It also comes in handy if you’re travelling with a friend and choose to pass the time with a traditional game of naughts and crosses!

We would love to hear about your flight essentials, leave us a comment below.

Reb-Elle xx

No comments:

Post a Comment